This summer, jazz enthusiasts are invited to sway and groove to the sounds of Southern California’s finest Jazz talents at the Westgate Hotel’s eclectic poolside jazz festival.
Set against the backdrop of downtown San Diego’s skyline at sunset, the event series features jazz entertainment and offers a selection of craft cocktails, fine whiskey, wine and beer as well as a gourmet array of appetizers and tapas. Guests can also enjoy the atmosphere of the Westgate Hotel’s recently reimagined rooftop including an expansive living wall, sparkling pool, modern lounge furniture, 360-degree views and service that evokes the European spirit for which the Westgate is known.
All performances begin at 6:30p.m. Below is the schedule through July. August performers TBD.
· June 26: Besos De Coco Innovative and eclectic chamber group made up of tap-dancer Claudia Gomez Vorce, double-bassist Evona Wascinski, and classical guitarist/vocalist Lorraine Castellanos, Besos de Coco, is stirring up a great deal of excitement with their groundwork performances.
· July 3: Peter Sprague Trio Full bodied and powerful, Sprague’s numerous albums have elevated him to legendary status among Jazz guitar fans all over.
· July 10: Sue Palmer Known as San Diego’s Queen of Boogie Woogie, Sue has amazed audiences all over the world with her unique style and phenomenal left hand. She wails through a very complete blues keyboard vocabulary like the veteran she is.
· July 17: Joshua White Focused on interpreting original compositions, as well as exploring the boundaries of collective improvisation, White has been in demand as one of Southern California’s most creative and technically accomplished pianists.
· July 31: Danny Green Brazilian Trio Jazz pianist-composer Danny Green leads a trio with bassist Justin Grinnell and drummer Julien Cantelm that embraces Brazilian jazz.
This exclusive weekly jazz series is presented by the Westgate Hotel with international trumpet virtuoso Gilbert Castellanos and Sound of the New Machine. The hotel is also offering the Grand America 40 package during the jazz series. Guests can book a stay in a Deluxe Room at the standard rate of $299 and stay a second night for only $40 plus tax. Visit www.westgatehotel.com or call 800-522-1564 to make a reservation.
About The Westgate Hotel
The AAA Four Diamond-rated Westgate Hotel is an iconic property in the heart of downtown San Diego designed to rival the mythical palaces of Europe. From its 223 elegantly appointed guest rooms to the contemporary cuisine of the award-winning Westgate Room, guests truly experience a memorable difference while enjoying European décor, attentive service, exquisite cuisine and artistic cocktails. The Westgate Hotel is part of the Grand America Hotels & Resorts collection which features Sun Valley Resort in Sun Valley, Idaho (twice selected by readers of SKI magazine as the nation’s top ski facility), Snowbasin Ski Resort, just outside Salt Lake City (site of the 2002 Olympic Downhill and Super G Races), The Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City (a AAA Five Diamond rated hotel) and Little America Hotel properties in Arizona and Wyoming.